At LatestNews.ng, we respect the intellectual property rights of others and expect our users to do the same. It is LatestNews.ng’s policy to respond to alleged infringement notices that comply with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA).
Procedure for Reporting Copyright Infringement:
If you believe that your copyrighted work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement and is accessible via the LatestNews.ng website, please notify our copyright agent as detailed below. The notice should comply with the requirements of the DMCA and must contain the following information:
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notice, a representative list of such works at that site.
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to locate the material.
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to contact the complaining party, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail address at which the complaining party may be contacted.
- A statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
- A statement that the information in the notice is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
Submit Notices to
Upon receipt of the Notice as described below, LatestNews.ng will take whatever action, in its sole discretion, it deems appropriate, including removal of the challenged content from the Website.
If you believe that your content that was removed (or to which access was disabled) is not infringing, or that you have the authorization from the copyright owner, the copyright owner’s agent, or pursuant to the law, to post and use the material in your content, you can send a counter-notice containing the following information to our copyright agent:
- Your physical or electronic signature;
- Identification of the content that has been removed or to which access has been disabled and the location at which the content appeared before it was removed or disabled;
- A statement that you have a good faith