The deceased identified as Favour Ekemedili, had taken the beverage while in school and it was gathered that she complained of severe stomach shortly after. She was reportedly rushed to the school’s clinic. When the stomach ache persisted, her classmates who saw when she took the beverage showed the school management the leftover. Upon being examined, it was found to be laced with Sniper, and this prompted the school management to rush her to the General Hospital.
Confirming that the secondary school student died after taking a beverage laced with Sniper, the principal said the school management had paid a condolence visit to the family. Punch reported that the deceased’s mother, Nkem, blamed the school management for not properly monitoring her daughter while in their care.