Former world no. 1 Para Powerlifter, Olympic Gold medallist, and Commonwealth Games Champion, Paul Kehinde aka Olumi Agberin, has died on Thursday after a brief illness.
Kehinde is the current world record-holder in the men’s 65kg Category.
Some of his achievements include silver medal success at the 2011 World Championship, gold medal at the 2014 Commonwealth games, gold medal at 2015 All African Games (setting an African record of 214kg) amongst others.
Before his demise, Kehinde till 2016 went to paralympic Rio de Janeiro where he broke and set a new world in 65kg twice in the competition.
He had also set record in every competition he had gone to and topping and setting another record.
Below are other achievements by the Paralympian
– Won Gold at the 2016 Rio Paralympic Games (broke the world record twice with lifts of 218kg and 220kg)
– Won Gold at the Mexico World Championship with another world record lift of 220kg.
– Won Gold 2018 FAZZA World Para-Powerlifting Championship with record breaking lift of 220Kg.
– Won Silver at 2018 Commonwealth Games, Australia
– Won Gold at the 2018 African championship.
More to come….