Moses trains alone after Spartak no-show

victor moses

Nigerian forward Victor Moses has engaged in training alone after refusing to join Russian club Spartak Moscow for the commencement of pre-season training.

Spartak began their pre-season under manager Guillermo Abascal in Tarasovka on Thursday without the 2013 Africa Cup of Nations winner.

On Saturday, the tricky winger posted a video of himself engaging in various rigorous exercises as the 31-year-old aimed to keep fit ahead of the incoming season.

The club, however, revealed in a statement, according to sports.ru, that the contract of the 31-year-old had not been suspended.

“…midfielder Victor Moses did not arrive at the team’s location. The contract with the Nigerian player has not been suspended,” the Moscow giants stated.

Last week, world football body FIFA stated that foreign footballers and coaching staff would be allowed to unilaterally suspend their contracts at Russian clubs until the summer of 2023.

The decision is an extension of a ruling first introduced in March after the outbreak of the conflict in Ukraine.

READ ALSO:  2022 gov'ship poll, payback time for Fayemi

FIFA said that if Russian clubs could not mutually agree contract termination with any wantaway foreign stars and staff before the end of this month, “these players and coaches will have the right to suspend their employment contracts with their clubs until 30 June 2023.”

The ruling, which also applies to Ukrainian clubs, “gives players and coaches the opportunity to train, play and receive a salary, while protecting Ukrainian clubs and facilitating the departure of foreign players and coaches from Russia,” FIFA argued.

Meanwhile, ex-Everton midfielder Diniyar Bilyaletdinov has hit out at the Nigerian for going AWOL.

“Such actions are not respectable. If you want to break the contract, you need to come and express your position like a man,” the 37-year-old former Russia international told Sports24 as quoted by All Nigeria Soccer.

‘Express your position like a man’ – Former Everton midfielder blasts ex…

“In Spartak, people are not stupid. But hiding, hiding and not getting in touch is not worthy of a professional. Especially at the level of Moses.

READ ALSO:  Stop killings if you want Kanu's release, IPOB warns criminals

“I’m shocked by this. It would be nice if a player of a smaller calibre did this. But Moses has to behave solidly.”

Moses left Chelsea to join the Russians permanently in 2021 after a 12-month loan spell.

He played a key role as Spartak won the Russian Cup last season, scoring seven goals and made nine assists in 53 matches across all competitions for the Moscovites.

Bilyaletdinov admits if Moses opts not to return to the Russian top-tier team, it will be a massive blow owing to his quality.

News Source


Tech Solutions with THE DGIT:

Build Your Websites and Mobile Apps

%d bloggers like this: