Fayose, Oni condemn attack on PDP secretariat, seek probe

Ayodele-Fayose1

Former Ekiti State governors Ayodele Fayose and Segun Oni, on Thursday, condemned the attack on the Peoples Democratic Party State Secretariat at Ajilosun area of Ado Ekiti, the Ekiti State capital.

Fayose, while condemning the incident, urged the police to probe the attack, “apprehend and prosecute the thugs and whoever sponsored them”.

The attack was allegedly perpetrated on Thursday by “two unknown men”, who invaded the PDP secretariat and destroyed the doors, windows and other facilities, said, “We (PDP) “won’t be intimidated by cowards”.

The former governor, in a personally signed statement titled, ‘Fayose condemns attack on Ekiti PDP secretariat, says those involved must be brought to book’, said, “It was strange and ridiculous that anyone in Ekiti State could still engage in such criminal act. This will be the last as far as PDP facilities are concerned.”

He said, “Those who are already smelling defeat should be honest and decent enough to accept it rather than embarking on violent attack against the party secretariat. The police must unravel those behind it and be made to face the full wrath of the law”.

READ ALSO:  Kwara begins collection of residents’ data

On his part, Oni described the incident as “barbaric and heartless attack purposely directed at the party secretariat. Such would never stop the party from attaining victory in the June 18, governorship election”.

The former governor also called for urgent steps to ensure adequate security to safeguard lives and property in the electioneering time frame of the June 18 election in the state, saying, “The vandalisation of the secretariat was an action taken very far. Genuinely, partakers of this action should be brought to book”.

The Police Public Relations Officer, Ekiti State Command, Sunday Abutu, who confirmed the attack on the PDP secretariat, said, “Men of our command have been drafted to the area to forestall any further breakdown of law and order.

Abutu, who said no suspect had been arrested in connection with the incident, said investigation had begun with a view to arrest the perpetrators of the dastardly act.

READ ALSO:  Pinnick expresses confidence in Jose Peseiro

Contact: [email protected]

News Source


Tech Solutions with THE DGIT:

Build Your Websites and Mobile Apps

%d bloggers like this: