Buhari condemns UAE attacks, urges dialogue to resolve conflict

President Muhammadu Buhari

The President, Major General Muhammadu Buhari (retd.), has condemned the worrisome escalations that prompted drone strikes on the United Arab Emirates leading to explosions and a deadly fire outside the capital, Abu Dhabi.

Buhari’s reaction was contained in a statement signed on Tuesday by his Senior Special Assistant on Media and Publicity, Garba Shehu, titled ‘President Buhari Condemns UAE attacks’.

On Monday, Emirati officials confirmed that several people had been killed in an explosion of fuel tankers in Abu Dhabi, caused by a drone attack.

The Houthi militia in Yemen who claimed responsibility for Monday’s attack said it used a drone strike to blow up several fuel tankers, killing at least three people.

The Houthis who have fought a years-long war with a Saudi-led military coalition that includes the United Arab Emirates, said they used drones and missiles in the attack.

The Emirati foreign ministry condemned it as a “cowardly act to spread terrorism and chaos in the region.”

READ ALSO:  200 Islamiyya students reportedly abducted in Niger state

In his reaction, Buhari said such attacks targeting innocent people and civilian infrastructure, leading to the loss of lives were condemnable by all reasonable opinions around the globe and should be stopped.

“On behalf of the and the people of Nigeria, we express our deepest sympathies and condolences to the people and the friendly state of the UAE,” said the President.

He urged restraint to give dialogue and engagement a chance.

Contact: [email protected]

News Source


Tech Solutions with THE DGIT:

Build Your Websites and Mobile Apps

%d bloggers like this: