The Super Eagles of Nigeria had their final training session ahead of tomorrow’s game against Sudan at the 2021 delayed Africa Cup of Nations holding in Cameroon.
A win in tomorrow’s game against Sudan will seal passage to the round of 16 for the Nigerian team and ahead of the game , coach Austine Eguavoen put the players through their paces. Below is the five things we noticed during the session.
1. Eguavoen Sticks To Same Lineup: Per what we say today at the training session, it’s clear to see that the coach of the team Austine Eguavoen has plans to stick to same lineup that defeated Egypt 1-0 in their opening game of the tournament.
2. Emphasis On Passing – The session was halted severally by Eguavoen as he seek to drive his method of how he wants them to pass their way through what he expects to be a low block from the Sudanese team. He was keen on seeing them move the ball quicker and overload the box when in the opponent’s half.
3. Onyekuru Might Play Some Role – Henry Onyekuru who was a late call up to the team is pushing to start. As it was yesterday when he found the back of the net, he was very lively today getting past his markers with ease and also linking up nicely.
4. Nwakali Need To Run More – It’s clear that Kelechi Nwakali is high in the thinking of Eguavoen who believe he has what it takes to play but he is demanding more from the Huesca man. He keeps on pushing the former Nigeria U17 captain to run more for the good of the team especially when they are in transition and without the ball.
5. Shoot At Sight- One approach that the Super Eagles will take tomorrow will likely be the option of shooting at goal at the sight of it. Eguavoen had the players go through several shooting sessions obviously to work on their confidence when the chance to shoot comes their way.